Departures between April 2017 and September 2017
22 NIGHTS: For 22 nights you’ll be staying in a mix Europe coolest hotels & central hotels.Think stunning mountain views of the snowy peak of the Swiss Alps& staying around the corner from the coolest alternative nightlife in Budapest.
You’ll be safe in the hands of your professional trip Manager, who know the street of
European better than you know the hairs on your toes. When it comes to transport,
an experienced and legendary driver team will be taking the reins;trust us, they’re
always a hoot.
33 MEALS : You’ll be treated to a heady combination of all Europe’s tastiest culinary offerings, from French snails to hearty Austrian Schnitzel. Breakfast is on us each day, as well us 11 dinners.
Put your thighs to the test as we sightsee Amsterdam by bike, navigate the winding canals of Venice by boat and expand your awareness of a tragic slice of history at a WWII concentration camp. On top of this, all the unmissable parts of each city we visit will be included as a standard.
For those who want to lap up everything each destination has to offer, there’s a flat list of extra activities you can add to your trip. Descend into the pits of the Earth with a salt mine tour in Krakow trip your self to a can-can spectacular at a world famous Cabaret Show or soak up the serenity at a classical Mozart & Strauss concert in Vienna.
We’ll be cruising the streets in an air-conditioned luxury coach, complete with WiFi and charging point. Think comfortable hassle-free travel that takes you right to your doorstep.
DAY 1: LONDON TO AMSTERDAM
Meet up with your Contiki Team this morning in London (or later this afternoon in Amsterdam). Ferry across the English Channel & head for the free-wheeling, vibrant city of Amsterdam via Belgium.
* See the White Cliffs of Dover
* See Amsterdam’s canals & gable houses by night
DAY 2: AMSTERDAM
Hop on a bike & pedal past windmill in the scenic village of Edam, world-famous for its namesake cheese. Afterwards,check out Amsterdam’s myriad of museum, trendy cafes & notoriously fun nightclubs.
* Visit a cheese farm & clog maker’s house
M Canal cruise
DAY 03: AMSTERDAM TO BERLIN
Motor down the autobahn & get ready for a dose of uber-cool in Berlin. Tonight, enjoy this cutting edge city’s exploding arts, bar & club scene.
* See the Tiergarten, Alexanderplatz, Russian War Memorial, Brandenburg Gate & historic Reichtag Building
DAY 04: BERLIN
Savour the mix of the old and new in this ever changing city. You’ll find historical significance in everything in the streets to the grand monuments.
* Take in commemorative artwork & the remains of the Berlin wall
* See the site of Checkpoint Charlie
M Cold War & Cold Drinks
DAY 05: BERLIN TO PRAGUE
Bite into some local fare, like bratwurst, in Dresden on your way south to Prague, an ever modernising hub of Eastern European revival
* See Hradcay Castle, the Cathedral of St. Vitus , Charles Bridge & Wenceslas Square
* Visit the Old Town Square & see the Astronomical Clock
* See the Rebuilt Baroque architecture of the Royal Residence, Zwinger Palace. Opera House & Frauenkirche in Dresden
DAY 06: PRAGUE
nake through this medieval city’s maze of cobblestone streets & discover Gothic Architecture, bargain -priced beer & Bohemian crystal beads.
M Prague bike tour
DAY 7: PRAGUE TO VIENNA
Head South through the Czech countryside to Austria’s cultural capital, Vienna.
* See the Sedlec Ossuary (bone church) near Kutna Hora
M A class night out
DAY 8: VIENNA
Viennese culture is everywhere as you explore the city. You’ll enjoy wondering through this picturebook city & encounter its music, lively cafes, parks, incredible architecture & of course, delicious strudle.
* See Schonbrunn Palace, the Habsburg Palaces, St. Stephen’s Cathedral & the State Opera House
* Scenic drive along the historic ring road
M Schnaps Museum
DAY 9: VIENNA TO KRAKOW
Today we head to the city of Krakow with a sombre stop at Auschwitz Concentration Camp Memorial to pay tribute to Poland’s tumultuous past.
* Locally guided tour of Auschwitz & Birkenau concentration camps
DAY 10: Krakow
Go local & explore the buzzing market stall & pavement cafes of the city’s unspoiled medieval Old Town.
* Sightseeing of the cathedral & Royal Castle
M Salt mines tour
DAY 11: KRAKOW TO BUDAPEST
Head sought through Slovakia, stopping off in picturesque Banska Bystrica before crossing into Hungary & Budapest to the Paris of the East
* Sightseeing of Buda, Pest, the Royal Palace, the Church of St. Matthias, the Chain Bridge & Fisherman’s Bastion
DAY 12: BUDAPEST
All your senses are surrounded by the history of this fascinating city split by the river Danube into hilltop Buda & the bustling Pest.
M Past & Present tour
DAY 13: BUDAPEST TO LJUBJANA
Today we’re making our way to Slovenia’s capital with its young, vibrant student culture.
* See Ljubljana’s castle & old town
* Visit Lake Bled (summer only)
DAY 14: LJUBJANA TO VENICE
Soak up the amazing scenery found only in the Julian Alps before heading to Venice. Explore the “floating city’s” tight alleyways & canals to find grand squares, art-filled palazzos & interesting little shops.
* See the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge’s Palace & St. Mark’s Square
* See Venice’s iconic canals & gondolas
DAY 15: VENICE TO ROME
Leave enchanting Venice & criss-cross the Apennine Mountains on the road to Rome .
* See the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon & Piazza Navona
DAY 16: ROME
Tap into “La Dolce Vita” of the ‘Eternal City’ & explore this leaving museum of history. You could hit the shops & get in the known of Italian fashion or simply hit the streets with a camera & capture the atmosphere.
DAY 17: ROME TO FRANCE
You could explore the Vatican this morning, before we’re on the road through rural Umbria’s rolling hills & terraced vineyards to Renaissance Florence.
* See St. Peter Basilica in Vatican City
M Locally guided tour of the Vatican Museums
DAY 18: FLORENCE
A local Guide gives you the inside track on striking buildings & sacred art in the atmospheric city.
* See the Duomo, Basilica Santa Croce, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistery & Piazza della Signoria
* Florentine leather craft demonstration
DAY 19: FLORENCE TO SWISS ALPS.
Make a stop to see its iconic tower, catch a glimpse of magical lake Como & stop for chocolate in the stunning Swiss Alps.
* See the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
DAY 20: SWISS ALPS
Chill for a day the way you want in the Breath taking Swiss Alps camera essential.
DAY 21: SWISS ALPS TO PARIS
Leave the lush alpine views behind as we head through the stunning Burgundy region to the ‘City of Lights’ Paris.
* See the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the Louve, the Champs-Elysees & Notre Dame Cathedral
DAY 22: PARIS
Indulge in sophisticated Paris where you’ll find magic, romance & history amongst the city’s legendary icons.
* Visit a French Perfumery
M Cabaret show with champagne.
DAY 23: END PARIS OR LONDON
Your trip ends in Paris this morning, or choose to take a complimentary transfer to Central London & extend your stay.
RATE PER PERSON
US$2799/ PER PERSON