Departures between April 2017 and October 2017
18 NIGHTS: Spend 18 comfy nights in hotels. Stay twin share, save a bit of a cash and go triple share and go triple share, or splash out and snooze alone.
You’ll be safe in the hands of your professional trip Manager, who know the street of
European better than you know the hairs on your toes. When it comes to transport,
an experienced and legendary driver team will be taking the reins;trust us, they’re
always a hoot.
27 MEALS: Sample Dutch croquettes ans tasty Italian pizza as we meander through the culinary heaven that is Europe. All your breakfast will be taken care of, as well 9 dinner
Well whiz you up the Eiffel Tower, take you wine-tasting in Tuscany and Paddle you through the insanely romantic streets of Venice. On top of this, all the greats of every city will be included as a standard.
Jam-pack your itinerary even more with all the optional ME TIME activities on the menu. Get up close and personal with the Swiss Alps, white water raft the Austrian rapids or spend the night with the world famous. Mouline Rouge cabaret show.
You and you’re besties will be zooming trough European in an air-conditioned luxury coach, complete with WiFi and charging points. Occasionally, we’ll jump on a ferry to cross rivers.
DAY 01: START LONDON OR AMSTERDAM
Meet with your Contiki Team this morning in London (or later this afternoon in Amsterdam). Ferry Across the English Channel & head to the vibrant city of Amsterdam via Belgium.
* See the White Cliffs of Dover
* See Amsterdam’s canals and gable houses by night
DAY 02: AMSTERDAM
Hop on a bike & pedal past windmill in the scenic village of Edam, world-famous for its namesake cheese. Afterwards,check out Amsterdam’s myriad of museum, trendy cafes & notoriously fun nightclubs.
* Visit a cheese farm & clog maker’s house
M Canal cruise
DAY 03: AMSTERDAM TO BERLIN
Motor down the autobahn & get ready for a dose of uber-cool in Berlin. Tonight, enjoy this cutting edge city’s exploding arts, bar & club scene.
* See the Tiergarten, Alexanderplatz, Russian War Memorial, Brandenburg Gate & historic Reichtag Building
DAY 04: BERLIN
Savour the mix of the old and new in this ever changing city. You’ll find historical significance in everything in the streets to the grand monuments.
* See the site of Checkpoint Charlie
M Historical walking tour
DAY 05: BERLIN TO PRAGUE
Bite into some local fare, like bratwurst, in Dresden on your way south to Prague, an ever modernising hub of Eastern European revival
* Take in commemorative artwork & the remains of the Berlin wall
* Visit the city of Dresden Destroyed in World War II & known as the ‘Florence of the North’
* See the Rebuilt Baroque architecture of the Royal Residence, Zwinger Palace. Opera House & Frauenkirche in Dresden
DAY 06: PRAGUE
Snake through this medieval city’s maze of cobblestone streets & discover Gothic Architecture, bargain -priced beer & Bohemian crystal beads.
* See Hradcany Castle, the Cathedral of St. Vitus, Charles Bridge & Wencelas Square
* Visit the Old town Square & see the Astronomical Clock
DAY 07: PRAGUE TO MUNICH
Stop at the humbling Dachau Memorial before reaching Munich, home to the Oktoberfest
* Visit Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial
* Visit a traditional beer hall
DAY 08: MUNICH
Don some lederhosen & have some fun in this cultural heaven with its staggering array of museums, epic shopping & lively beer gardens.
* See the Glockenspiel & Marienplatz
DAY 09: MUNICH TO VENICE
Wind through the Austrian Alps via the Brenner Pass to fairytale Venice.
* Scenic drive post vineyards orchards & castle
M White water wrafting
DAY 10: VENICE
Meander through the floating city’s alleyways & canals to find grand squares, art-filled palazzos, bars & markets.
* Private motor boat to the historical Island
* See the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge’s Palace & St. Mark’s Square
* See Venice’s iconic canals & gondolas
M Gondola ride
DAY 11: VENICE TO ROME
Say arrivederci to the city of Venice, before reaching the jaw-dropping sights of ancient Rome.
* See the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon & Pizza Navona
DAY 12: ROME
Tap into ‘La Dolce Vita’ of the Eternal city & explore this living museum. Later there’s a chance to tour the Vatican Museum’s, including the Sistine Chapel
* See St. Peters Basilica in Vatican City
DAY 13: ROME TO FLORENCE
Stop in the Tuscan hills & go local with a cheese & Chianti wine tasting experience. Next up, the beautiful Renaissance city of Florence.
DAY 14: FLORENCE
The Local guide shows you striking buildings & sacred art in one of Italy’s most atmospheric cities. Later on, enjoy exploring at your own pace.
* See the Duomo, Basilica Santa Croce, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistery & Piazza della Signoria
* Florentine leather craft demonstration
M Tuscan evening
DAY 15: FLORENCE TO LUCERNE
Stop & check out Pisa’s architectural wonder then catch a glimpse of Lake Como Before arriving in Lucerne, nestled in the Swiss Alps.
* See the Leaning Tower of Pisa
* See Lucerne’s wooden Chapel Bridge
DAY 16: LUCERNE
Enjoy the alpine beauty of this lakeside town as you wander through the cobblestone streets.
DAY 17: LUCERNE TO PARIS
Pass through the lush vineyards of the Burgundy to the glittering “City of Lights”
* See the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe , the Louvre, the Champs-Elysees & Notre Dame Cathedral
DAY 18: PARIS
Indulge in sophisticated Paris where you’ll find magic, romance & history’s among the city’s legendary icons.
* Visit a French Perfumery
DAY 19: DEPART PARIS
Morning transfer to Paris CDG Airport (est. arr. 10:00 am) or choose to take complimentary transfer to Central London & extend your stay.
RATE PER PERSON
US$2645/ PER PERSON
ALL DATES FOR EUROPEAN INSPIRATION
Sunday 16th April – Thursday 4th May
Sunday 7th May – Thursday 25th May
Sunday 28th May – Thursday 15th June
Sunday 4th June – Thursday 22nd June
Sunday 18th June – Thursday 6th July
Sunday 25th June – Thursday 13th July
Tuesday 27th June – Saturday 15th July
Sunday 2nd July – Thursday 20th July
Sunday 9th July – Thursday 27th July
Sunday 23rd July – Thursday 10th August
Sunday 6th August – Thursday 24th August
Sunday 27th August – Thursday 14th September
Sunday 10th September – Thursday 28th September
Tuesday 19th September – Saturday 7th October
Sunday 1st October – Thursday 19th October