Departures between March 2017 and October 2017
11-nights:* 11 nights twin or triple-share hotel accommodation
* Modern air-condition coach with power points for charging
* Hotel tips local taxes, & service charges
* Ferry crossings
You’ll be safe in the hands of your professional trip Manager, who know the street of
European better than you know the hairs on your toes. When it comes to transport,
an experienced and legendary driver team will be taking the reins;trust us, they’re
always a hoot.
16 MEALS:* 11 continental breakfast
5 three-course dinners.
The coolest and most fascinating snippets of each city are included as standard. Don you’re lederhosen and sip on tasty brews in a traditional German beer hall, indulge your senses at a Parisian perfumery and consider quitting your day job after learning the Florentine art of leather art.
There are endless optional activities you can funk up with your itinerary with. Woo your latest squeeze in a romantic gondola ride in Venice, party your face of in one of Florence’s biggest nightclubs or brave your fears white-water rafting the Austrian rapids, just to name a few option.
You and you’re besties will be zooming trough European in an air-conditioned luxury coach, complete with WiFi and charging points. Occasionally, we’ll jump on a ferry to cross rivers.
DAY 01: START LONDON OR AMSTERDAM
Meeting up with your Contiki Team this morning in London (or later this afternoon in Amsterdam).
Ferry across the English Channel & head up to the free-wheeling, vibrant city of Amsterdam via Belgium.
* See Amsterdam’s canal’s & gable houses by night
* See the White Cliffs of Dover
M Canal Cruise
DAY O2: AMSTERDAM TO RHINE VALLEY
Check out Amsterdam’s myriad of museums, canals & cool cafes. Next, stop in the Rhine Valley with
its charming wine villages & old-time German atmosphere.
*Stunning drive along the river Rhine
*Learn how beer steins are created
DAY 03: RHINE VALLEY TO MUNICH
Head south to Munich, a charming festive 800 years old city & home of the world-famous Oktoberfest.
*See the Lorelie Rock
*See the Glockenspiel & Marienplatz
*Visit a traditional beer hall
DAY 04: MUNICH TO AUSTRIAN TYROL
Be wowed bu Innsbruck & stunning alpine scenery en route to a cool Tyrolean village.
* See this pretty mountain region famous for adventure sports
* See the Golden Roof, Royal Palace & Olympic Ski Jump in Innsbruck
DAY 05: AUSTRIAN TYROL TO VENICE
Wind through the Austrian Alps via the Brenner Pass to Italy. Meander through the “floating city” & find grand squares, art filled palazzos & interesting little shops.
* Scenic drive past vineyards, orchard & castles
* Private motor boat to the historic island
* See the Bridge of Sighs, the Doge’s Palace & St. Mark Square
M Gondola Ride
DAY 06: VENICE TO ROME
Leave enchanting Venice & criss-cross the Apennine Mountain on the road to Rome
* See the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia,Trevi Fountain , Pantheon & Piazza Navona
DAY 07: ROME
Tap into ‘La Dolce Vita’ of the “Eternal City” & explore this living museum of history. Later there’s a chance to delve in to history with a tour of the Vatican museum’s including the Sistine Chapel.
* See St. Peters Basilica in Vatican City
M Emperors & Gladiators inc. Colesseum
DAY 08: ROME TO FLORENCE
Pass through rural Umbria’s rolling hills & vineyards to Renaissance Florence. A Local Guide gives you the inside track on the city’s striking buildings & sacred art.
* See the Duomo, Basilica Santa Croce, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the Baptistrey & Piazza della Signoria
* Florentine leather craft demonstration
M Space Electronic Disco
DAY 09: FLORENCE TO LUCERNE
Catch a glimpse of Magical Lake Como en route to Lucerne nestled in the breathtaking Swiss Alps.
* See the wooden Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
* See the Lion Monument
DAY 10: LUCERNE TO PARIS
Pass through the lush vineyards of Burgundy to the “City of Lights”
* See the Eifeel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, the Louvre, the Champs-Elysees & Notre Dame Cathedral
DAY 11: PARIS
Indulge in sophisticated Paris where you’ll find magic, romance & history among the city’s legendary icons.
* Visit a French Perfumery
DAY 12: DEPART PARIS
Morning transfer to Paris CDG Airport (est.arr. 10:00am) or choose to take a complimentary transfer to central London & extend your stay.
RATE PER PERSON
US$1775/ PER PERSON
ALL DATES FOR EUROPEAN DISCOVERY
* Thursday 30th March – Monday 10th April
* Thursday 13th April – Monday 24th April
* Saturday 29th April – Wednesday 10th May
* Saturday 6th May – Wednesday 17th May
* Thursday 11th May – Monday 22nd May
* Saturday 13th May – Wednesday 24th May
* Saturday 20th May – Wednesday 31st May
* Thursday 25th May – Monday 5th June
* Thursday 1st June – Monday 12th June
* Saturday 10th June – Wednesday 21st June
* Tuesday 13th June – Saturday 24th June
* Thursday 15th June – Monday 26th June
* Tuesday 20th June – Saturday 1st July
* Saturday 24th June – Wednesday 5th July
* Tuesday 27th June – Saturday 8th July
* Thursday 29th June – Monday 10th July
* Saturday 1st July – Wednesday 12th July
* Tuesday 4th July – Saturday 15th July
* Thursday 6th July – Monday 17th July
* Saturday 22nd July – Wednesday 2nd August
* Thursday 3rd August – Monday 14 August
* Thursday 17th August – Monday 28th August
* Thursday 31st August – Monday 11th September
* Tuesday 5th September – Saturday 16th September
* Saturday 16th September – Wednesday 27th September
* Tuesday 19th September – Saturday 30th September
* Tuesday 26th September – Saturday 7th October
* Tuesday 5th October – Monday 16th October